Tuesday 18 September 2012

Pumpkin Spice


Today it was definitely feeling a bit cooler and with Autumn just around the corner I can't contain my excitement. Darker evenings, crunchy leaves, cosy jumpers, bonfires.... forget pastels, it's all about pumpkins for me at the moment.
I was recently inspired by the coming Fall to dye my hair a coppery brown colour. It was black before so I used Scott Cornwall's 'Colour Before' extra strength to lighten it to a light brown then applied Loreal Feria 'Paprika Power'. I was expecting a lighter result but I didn't realise you shouldn't put permanent dye on to stripped hair straight away as it is more porous, and will just go dark again. The result is shown below... next to Tizer. Thought he deserved a space on this Autumn themed blog post! Please excuse my unstyled hair, it was just a quick picture in the sunlight to show the colour.

Red  is a hair colour notoriously hard to maintain, so you will need to invest in a decent shampoo if you are thinking of taking the plunge. The shampoo and conditioners specifically for red hair use light filters to make your hair look more vibrant, but they don't really do anything for keeping the colour. After a certain point, your hair isn't going to be red enough to allow the light filters to make it look a good colour any more so your hair will quickly look more faded. If you get a semi permanent hair colour which is a very similar shade to your permanent one you should be able to "top up" your colour, thus making it last longer. However, I have used John Freida's Radiant Red Shampoo before and it kept my red hair shiny, vibrant and full of life for significantly longer. Just be prepared to be topping the colour up every now and then, but for me that's just part of the fun ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment